WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

Just started with Webfaction.

My app is currently only static html/images etc.

Following the documentation, I've added the "static app (no .htaccess)" and put a test file in the right directory.

But when i try to access qvision.webfactional.com/qvision/index.html for example i just get the default django start page - for any url under the qvision/ app.

My understanding that static files we're served by the nginx process, so I stopped the django/apache process and now I get 502 bad gateway.

So i'm a little confused.

asked 17 Jan '12, 17:58

richard
accept rate: 0%

See this image for an illustration of the server stack. Note how the Django/Apache/Mod_wsgi stack is its own server. The idea is to mount the django app to the root URL '/' and the static application at the media URL '/site_media' And have both serve the site.

permanent link

answered 17 Jan '12, 18:07

johns
5.4k412
accept rate: 23%

yeah, i saw that: the way i read that was the nginx did the serving of the static content (ie without going through the django app). So your saying the django app has to do the serving. Ok - cool i look into it tomorrow. Thanks.

(17 Jan '12, 18:11) richard
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×125
×31

question asked: 17 Jan '12, 17:58

question was seen: 3,032 times

last updated: 17 Jan '12, 18:11

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM