WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'am wnat to install Askbot, and i need to add a line to the pg_hba.conf file, I prefer to use Postgresql since they suggest to use it.

Where is that file resides ?

asked 18 Jan '12, 06:04

Hanan Natan
accept rate: 0%

The pg_hba.conf file is located at the database cluster's data directory. On our newer, CentOS 6 machines, that would be /var/lib/pgsql/9.1/data. But since this is a configuration file for the database that all our customers are using, we restrict access to it.

If you want to have a PostgresQL instance that you will be able to configure it to your needs, you can follow the instructions in this answer to compile and run on in your home directory.

permanent link

answered 18 Jan '12, 06:25

iliasr ♦♦
2.1k14
accept rate: 35%

I don't wanna compile. But even with mysql i can't run the command like that: "grant all privileges on dbname.* to dbuser@localhost identified by 'dbpassword'; " - is that mean that I have to compolie ?

(18 Jan '12, 06:35) Hanan Natan

Regarding MySQL, the way our shared databases are setup, each database has exactly one username (same name as the database) with full privileges. You cannot create additional users within that database. What you can do, is create a new, empty database on your account - this will create a new user. You can then grant that user any privileges you want. This procedure is described in the community post here.

As far as compiling PGSQL, what lines do you want to add to pg_hba.conf? They might not be needed.

(18 Jan '12, 07:51) iliasr ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×108

question asked: 18 Jan '12, 06:04

question was seen: 27,109 times

last updated: 18 Jan '12, 07:51

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM