WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm going to be directing my domain to the webfaction nameservers and have set up the domain in the control panel as well as an email using that domain, but do I need to set the MX Records as well?

Is it possible the MX Records will inherent the current once and therefor not make use of webfactions mailservers? Or worse, not pointed anywhere? Or will it just automatically point to webfactions mailservers and the emails for the domain will "Just Work"? (I did not see any MX options in the control panel)

Thanks.

asked 23 Jan '12, 08:47

gautamadude
accept rate: 0%

If you've pointed your domain to our nameservers on your domain registrar's control panel, then you don't need to do anything else. Our nameservers will reply with our mailservers addresses (mx7,mx8 and mx9.webfaction.com) whenever one does an MX query against your domain.

If you want to try some queries yourself there online tools like KLOTH.NET that can help. Just fill the domain field and select MX (mail exhange) as the query type.

permanent link

answered 23 Jan '12, 09:00

iliasr ♦♦
2.1k14
accept rate: 35%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×261
×69
×14
×9
×3

question asked: 23 Jan '12, 08:47

question was seen: 3,805 times

last updated: 23 Jan '12, 09:00

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM