WebFaction
Community site: login faq

When I try to access my webpage, it reports an internal server error and writes a very long traceback into the logs. The last two lines of the traceback are:

[Mon Jan 23 19:33:05 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] from django.db import utils
[Mon Jan 23 19:33:05 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] TemplateSyntaxError: Caught ImportError while rendering: cannot import name utils

I'm at a loss here, as the error appears to be happening inside django itself. (I'm trying to use postgreSQL, if that makes a difference.)

EDIT: Just noticed, this may be a duplicate of this. I can't really tell because the page won't load right now.

asked 23 Jan '12, 19:43

JohnH
accept rate: 0%

edited 23 Jan '12, 19:47

An import error means 1 of 2 things, that the python module is missing and needs to be installed or the sys.path parameter is not configured to find the module where its installed. Look for the sys.path info and check that it is valid and includes all needed directories. If you submit a support ticket we can look with you.

permanent link

answered 24 Jan '12, 17:15

johns
5.4k412
accept rate: 23%

I'm using (or trying to use) mongodb now, but you still might want to check the django setup script as this error happened on a fresh install with only the db user, pass and backend set.

(26 Jan '12, 15:57) JohnH

I just tested the current installer and the default build works, so it had to be something you changed in the code that broke the import paths. But we would need to know exactly what you changed to determine that. If you want us to look please submit a support ticket.

(26 Jan '12, 17:48) johns
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×30
×27
×2

question asked: 23 Jan '12, 19:43

question was seen: 8,684 times

last updated: 26 Jan '12, 17:48

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM