WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

I followed this guide and managed to set up CouchDB, and I have verified that it's working though the command line (starting it as a daemon, creating/deleting databases etc.). However, I'm not able to figure out how to use the web front-end, "Futon," that comes with CouchDB.

I have set up a "Custom app (listening on port)" in my WebFaction Control Panel and make CouchDB point to the same port (by editing CouchDB's /home/username/etc/couchdb/local.ini, changing the port under [httpd] to be the same as the custom application I created).

I have not been able to figure out how to access Futon at http://host:port/_utils/index.html, as indicated here. Ideally, what I would like would be to access Futon via mydomain.com/couchdb or something like that; how would I go about that? What would be the "proper" way? (I'm pretty new to all of this, so please excuse my ignorance).

Thanks in advance! :)

asked 06 Feb '12, 09:32

Leif
accept rate: 0%

edited 06 Feb '12, 10:07

Have you mounted this custom application to a website in your control panel? If you haven't done that, please do it, and you should be able to access it through the URL you mapped to that website (without specifying the port).

If you are still experiencing difficulties after setting this up, please open a ticket so we can take a look at your setup.

permanent link

answered 06 Feb '12, 10:07

todork
1.2k5
accept rate: 34%

Thanks for the quick reply! I did try that earlier actually, but I made a mistake in doing so. I just set it up again, and now it's definitely working; sorry about that.

(06 Feb '12, 10:21) Leif

You are most welcome!

(06 Feb '12, 10:54) todork

Any chance you could lay out the steps you took for this? I understand the setting up a website/app link, but curious how you are telling it to go to /_utils/index.html

(03 Nov '12, 10:44) netpoetica

Docs for setting up a website/application maybe found here. Once that is set up visiting the app should be as simple as domain.com/_utils/index.html. If it is not working submit a support ticket and we can take a closer look.

(03 Nov '12, 17:03) johns
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×13
×1

question asked: 06 Feb '12, 09:32

question was seen: 3,422 times

last updated: 03 Nov '12, 17:03

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM