I want to give a new user name and password to my co-worker for the webfaction panel. Is it possible? (not a shell or sftp account) I don't want to share my own password, that's why I'm asking. Thanks

asked 07 Feb '12, 01:57

tarik's gravatar image

tarik
accept rate: 0%

I am sorry but this is not possible as of now.

link

answered 07 Feb '12, 02:16

neeravk's gravatar image

neeravk
1.5k1411
accept rate: 41%

Is it something you're working on?

It's something that would be immensely useful in a number of situations. Not just for teams and such, but also for API access so you don't risk exposing your main credentials if there's a security mishap.

(28 Feb '12, 12:05) Donatzsky Donatzsky's gravatar image

We're considering adding that sort of functionality at some point, but there's no timeline for it as of now.

(28 Feb '12, 17:11) seanf ♦♦ seanf's gravatar image

@seanf - Got a update on the status of this? Will adding additional users to the main panel be possible anytime soon?

(30 Jun '13, 20:02) supercooper supercooper's gravatar image

This is not likely to be available any time soon.

As it currently stands, the most common solution for sharing an account is just to choose a specific password unique to the account and share that.

Since control panel access provides full control over the account, you'd need to completely trust anyone with access, regardless of whether or not separate user functionality is implemented.

(30 Jun '13, 20:12) ryans ♦♦ ryans's gravatar image

Pretty much the only thing you can only do through the Webfaction panel is routing domain names and setting up apps to listen on ports. One awesome thing about Webfaction is you can roll a server compiled from source listening on a port and it will behave much like a VPS. After that anyone with SSH or SFTP access can full server control short of DNS-level configuration.

link

answered 01 Jul '13, 23:54

HittingSmoke's gravatar image

HittingSmoke
accept rate: 9%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "Title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "Title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Tags:

×12
×7
×3

Asked: 07 Feb '12, 01:57

Seen: 874 times

Last updated: 01 Jul '13, 23:54

Plans & prices    Sign up    Why WebFaction?    Contact us    Affiliate program    Support    Legal    Jobs    Blog    Control panel login