WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

I am a django user, I created a mysql db from the control pannel, and one app with one table. However, after I put my app in install app, I got internet server error. I tried with shell, I can sucessfully access the database. But I just don't know why I got the server error.

Thanks for the help

asked 11 Feb '12, 22:08

alex_come_on
accept rate: 0%

Internal server errors are logged to the Apache log and should be troubleshot the same way you would troubleshoot a error in the local Django dev server. You can use the tail utility to see them in real-time.

permanent link

answered 11 Feb '12, 22:15

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I checked the log and I am still stock with the error I seen.

Mon Feb 13 11:09:20 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1]     __import__(name)
[Mon Feb 13 11:09:20 2012] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] TemplateSyntaxError: Caught ImportError while rendering: No module named "hello"

It seems that they can't find the module name, I am sure I did the startapp right, and the setting INSTALLED_APPS has the same module name as my app. Do I have to do anything on my wgsi script when I add a new app within the project?

(13 Feb '12, 12:37) alex_come_on

Yes - you need to adjust sys.path in your WSGI script so that it can locate your hello module. Instructions are available here: Adding to sys.path within Python and WSGI Scripts

(13 Feb '12, 13:02) seanf

Thanks a lot, is finally working now :)

(14 Feb '12, 17:22) alex_come_on
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×168

question asked: 11 Feb '12, 22:08

question was seen: 2,412 times

last updated: 14 Feb '12, 17:31

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM