WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have experienced strange behaviour on two sites that both use django's i18n. With every POST of data (changes and adds) the language changes. Even languages I don't use and that definitely shouldn't be in the request headers suddenly appear. A severe problem is localization as with every POST the required date format changes so saving data that contain dates can become quite "entertaining".

asked 12 Feb '12, 10:59

markusbarth
accept rate: 0%

Not posting this as an answer, because it's a long shot.. but maybe a cache configuration problem?

If not that, then try to identify things that are responsible for changing the language, and then try to find how/why those things are being triggered. For example, you mentioned languages "that definitely shouldn't be in the request headers". Are those languages, in fact, in your request headers? If they are, then what's putting them there?

(12 Feb '12, 12:24) seanf

Thanks for the comment. I will first have to get familiar with caching before I can look into that. Right now I am using django on webfaction "out of the box", and haven't configured anything beyond the usual settings.py staff. As language settings I am using es-ES as primary and en-GB as fallback languages. The turkish (?) that appeared during my last django-admin session is definitely not configured anywhere in any place, neither on the requesting machine nor serverside.

(13 Feb '12, 00:49) markusbarth

If you would like our support staff to take a look at your live code you may submit a support ticket. Be sure to include a way for us to reproduce the issue and the path on disk to the view code that is generating it.

(13 Feb '12, 00:55) johns

As soon as I find some time I will set up a minimal django install in my box with i18n enabled to pin down the issue. I will submit a ticket as soon as I can give you some useful information. Thanks for the offer.

(13 Feb '12, 11:24) markusbarth
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×40
×2

question asked: 12 Feb '12, 10:59

question was seen: 3,044 times

last updated: 13 Feb '12, 11:24

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM