WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Im using the fab script from here

fab deploy works, but throws an error at right after creating the application. The error is:

Fatal error: Low level socket error connecting to host username.webfactional.com: Connection refused (tried 1 time)

Underlying exception:
    Connection refused

Any pointers as to what might be the issue?

asked 24 Feb '12, 12:06

aziz
accept rate: 0%

the error username.webfactional.com actually includes your webfaction username (and not literally "username.webfactional.com"), correct?

If you try using the IP address of the server instead of the domain, does that work?

(24 Feb '12, 21:46) ryans ♦♦

Im using my actual username. Il try with the IP, but i dont think that should make a difference since the action to install supervisor works fine.

(24 Feb '12, 22:43) aziz

The "Connection Refused" error sounds like it may be coming from an incorrect key or other SSH error - perhaps permissions on a directory. Are you able to connect via key-based authentication without trouble from the machine from which the fabric script is being run?

(25 Feb '12, 03:21) ryans ♦♦

Yes. (apnawala)aziz@ynl:~/workspace/apnawala$ ssh azizbookwala@azizbookwala.webfactional.com Last login: Fri Feb 24 23:33:52 2012 from 117.195.34.174 [azizbookwala@web322 ~]$

(25 Feb '12, 03:23) aziz

I can log in to webfaction fine, through my ssh key or password. ssh localhost also works on my local machine.

(25 Feb '12, 03:24) aziz

That all seems correct; I assume that something like "ssh (username)@(webNNN).webfactional.com ls" also works, and that you can run a simple hello-world fabric script without issues as well.

If that is the case, it seems like it might actually be a bug in the fabric script itself. If you'd like to open a ticket we can look into that under your environment, and the update this community post with a solution in case others have the same trouble in the future.

(25 Feb '12, 03:40) ryans ♦♦

Ive opened a ticket. Thanks for the help!

(25 Feb '12, 03:49) aziz
showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments
Be the first one to answer this question!
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×32
×7

question asked: 24 Feb '12, 12:06

question was seen: 3,716 times

last updated: 25 Feb '12, 03:49

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM