WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi,

I've been trying to find a simple, light-weight blogging framework. After attempting to roll my own blog application with Ruby on Rails, I've decided to save myself some time and just go for Nesta CMS (and customize that, if needed). I'm thinking that I want to deploy this by either using Vlad or Capistrano, and get it up and running behind Nginx or Apache.

I've got everything up and running locally on my machine, however, I am not sure how to set up the necessary prerequisites and deploy this application to Webfactions in a "proper" way.

I dug around a bit and found this old post, where it was suggested to set this up through a Custom App (listening to port), which seems fairly straight forward. However, I am not sure what would be the proper way of setting this up for production on the server side (using shotgun probably isn't a good idea for production).

What would be the proper way to do this? How would I set this up on the server side?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

asked 05 Mar '12, 20:46

Leif
accept rate: 0%

edited 05 Mar '12, 21:05

It would be totally awesome if WebFaction could add this to their official documentation, or perhaps even provide "one-click" installer for Nesta CMS through the Control Panel.

(05 Mar '12, 21:37) Leif

Hello,

We do not have any plans to add installers for individual CMS systems, since Nesta is built on Rails you could follow our official documentation to deploy the nginx/passenger stack or this community post. Once that was set up their official docs cover the rest. If you get stuck or have any questions we would be happy to assist you here or with a support ticket submitted in the control panel.

permanent link

answered 06 Mar '12, 00:27

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×186
×81
×25
×2

question asked: 05 Mar '12, 20:46

question was seen: 2,539 times

last updated: 06 Mar '12, 00:27

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM