WebFaction
Community site: login faq

On the advice of an experienced Django coder, I'm trying to set up Git to share my code between desktop and laptop, but finding it a good deal more challenging than simple SVN. Quick question, is Git worth it for a solo dev?

Anyway, I've installed Git under Windows, installed a git application on my webfaction console and added a domain for it. My ultimate aim is to push and pull code to Git from PyCharm, and from examples on github.com I think my next step is to add an SSH key to https://git.myapp.webfactional.com , but when I go to that address I get:

Site not configured If you are the owner of this website and weren’t expecting to see this message, here are some potential causes and solutions: etc.

Am I too thick to be using git and should just go back to SVN?

asked 10 Mar '12, 15:02

Jaffa McNeill
accept rate: 50%

You don't currently have your application mounted to a path on your site record. Once you add that the site not configured page should be replaced with your application. If you still have problems, either supply them here, or feel free to open a support ticket here.

permanent link

answered 10 Mar '12, 15:08

bmeyer71 ♦♦
1.5k3613
accept rate: 33%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×111
×5

question asked: 10 Mar '12, 15:02

question was seen: 3,004 times

last updated: 10 Mar '12, 15:08

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM