WebFaction
Community site: login faq

How do I look up or modify my mailbox quotas? Some of my users are reporting that they cannot receive 10+MB attachments, even though I have plenty of disk usage left.

asked 27 Nov '10, 10:25

freearrow
accept rate: 0%

Messages (including attachments) can be up to 20 MB in size. Your users should be able to receive emails that are 10 MB. If you are having problems with any specific email addresses, please open a support ticket and we'll look into the problem.

permanent link

answered 27 Nov '10, 11:05

aaronh ♦♦
1.3k3
accept rate: 34%

Also, regarding "quotas", we don't really have quotas on the size of individual mailboxes, so there's nothing there that can be modified. All mailboxes count towards the overall storage quota of your hosting plan.

(27 Nov '10, 11:24) seanf

Any chance quotas might be implemented down the road? Similar to that of CPanel. So that we can impose quotas ourselves?

(27 Nov '10, 12:33) bmeyer71 ♦♦

No, We have the quotas in place for a reason. They are not user changeable.

(27 Nov '10, 13:13) johns

I wasn't meaning to remove them. I was just wondering if there was going to be an option for us to implement quotas on mailboxes ourselves. This way I can limit the use by individuals to something like 200mb, instead of having to keep an eye on their mailbox usage from the control panel.

(27 Nov '10, 13:30) bmeyer71 ♦♦

We do have an internal tracking ticket for that feature, perhaps when the new CP is finished.

(27 Nov '10, 13:52) johns
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×261
×7

question asked: 27 Nov '10, 10:25

question was seen: 3,392 times

last updated: 27 Nov '10, 13:52

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM