WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm trying to duplicate a database to create a test version of a site I've been working on -- I'm not the programmer, but he's out of commission for a while, and I basically want to just copy the site so I can mess with CSS and layout options without screwing anything up.

It's written in Django/Python, and I'm doing fine navigating the .py files to change everything over, but now that I want to copy over the DB, I'm hitting a snag.

This is what I've done so far: 1. Moved into the current DB using MySQL via the control panel 2. Exported everything to a local file 3. Created a new database called foo_tst 4. Tried to import everything from that local file

I'm getting this error: CREATE DATABASE information_schema DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

MySQL said:

#1044-Access denied for user 'foo_tst'@'localhost' to database 'information_schema'

Any suggestions? I'm pretty new to all of this, and definitely not a database wizard.

asked 18 Mar '12, 07:13

mattshepherd
accept rate: 0%

Hi,

It seems that you've exported the "information_schema" database, which is a system db and you don't need it. You only need to export your actual database. Additionally, you should skip the "CREATE DATABASE" statements when exporting it.

If you still can't figure out how to do this, please open a ticket, and our support staff will provide assistance.

permanent link

answered 18 Mar '12, 07:19

todork
1.2k4
accept rate: 34%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×168
×84
×27
×12

question asked: 18 Mar '12, 07:13

question was seen: 2,505 times

last updated: 18 Mar '12, 07:19

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM