WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi there,

I'm sure this has been asked but I couldn't find it. And it would need to be current for 256mb as we have now :)

How many sites can I have, all will be simple few pages nothing much going on. 75% WP and 25% Drupal.

I have at around 12 at the moment a couple of WP sites are at sub domains and probably get hardly any traffic.

Does each account use up some memory resources? How much? I've got one Django site too. but it's not actually being used, it's installed.

Thanks!

asked 22 Mar '12, 22:35

joshcloud9
accept rate: 0%

edited 22 Mar '12, 22:37

You are allowed to have as many sites as your resource limit allows, RAM, Disk, Bandwidth.

Sites served on our Apache server will not use RAM by default, but there are some conditions where they will. To see your current memory usage use this command,

ps -u <user> -o rss,command | grep -v peruser | awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum/1024}'

Where <user> is your username. The other resources, disk and bandwidth can be viewed within the control panel.

permanent link

answered 22 Mar '12, 23:00

johns
5.3k312
accept rate: 23%

Thank you. That was the first time I've logged in to a linux box (at Webfaction). Can you say newby :)

Edit. Got it. Came back with 10.51 that sounds low! I presume that is mb out of 256mb. :)

permanent link

answered 22 Mar '12, 23:27

joshcloud9
accept rate: 0%

edited 22 Mar '12, 23:44

Submit a support ticket within the control panel and we can paste the command and output with your real username.

(22 Mar '12, 23:30) johns
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×244
×63
×9

question asked: 22 Mar '12, 22:35

question was seen: 3,430 times

last updated: 22 Mar '12, 23:44

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM