WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Now that WebFaction has the 1.9 version of Ruby installed, I'm wondering what the best way to upgrade my existing app to it is. Are there steps I should run on the existing app, or would I be better served by just creating a new Rails 3.2 app on 1.9 and transitioning my websites over to those?

Any advise is appreciated.

asked 25 Mar '12, 15:36

Jason Clark
accept rate: 0%

As far as we are aware, the most straightforward and safest transition is to create a new Rails application and migrate your existing application to the new version. In many cases, you'd be upgrading the actual Rails version in addition to the Ruby version, so having to re-work some of your structure and code would be necessary anyway. This method also allows you to test the application before taking it live.

permanent link

answered 25 Mar '12, 19:49

ryans ♦♦
5.0k93360
accept rate: 43%

Thanks. I was considering trying to move my existing Rails 3.0 app up to 1.9 before making the jump to 3.2, but if this is the path then I'll just do them together. Appreciate the confirmation.

(26 Mar '12, 11:15) Jason Clark
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×108
×81
×40

question asked: 25 Mar '12, 15:36

question was seen: 3,325 times

last updated: 26 Mar '12, 11:15

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM