WebFaction
Community site: login faq

My site has stopped working, for no reason that I can see.

The only clue I have is that every access leaves the same error in ~/logs/frontend/error_marcintustin.log:

2012/03/26 15:54:32 [info] 27445#0: *32607675 client prematurely closed connection, so upstream connection is closed too while sending request to upstream, client: 176.251.37.58, server: marcintustin.webfactional.com, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:34077/", host: "marcintustin.webfactional.com"

This is a django application, but no log is even created, so I'm fairly certain that my django application is not even being invoked. Nothing has changed in my wsgi file since this has happened, and in any case, I don't know how to log things from the wsgi file.

I'm also able to run the django app using the built-in test server without error.

Is there any way to debug this error? I'm at my wits' end.

asked 26 Mar '12, 09:01

Marcin
accept rate: 0%

edited 26 Mar '12, 09:22

Did you ever find an answer to this problem?

(13 Jan '13, 14:14) netpoetica

'client prematurely closed connection' means that the client (ie, the browser that was visiting your site) closed the connection. It's not really a primary indication of a problem with your app - for that, you should look in ~/logs/user/error_(name of your app).log.

permanent link

answered 26 Mar '12, 10:40

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

@seanf I'm getting that error in log file in the said directory. I'm also curious how to troubleshoot this because the error is very vague. I was able to access the site no problem until I followed the steps on htaccess/htpasswd from http://docs.webfaction.com/software/static.html#password-protecting-a-directory-with-a-static-cgi-php-app

Any suggestions?

(13 Jan '13, 14:09) netpoetica

The above link is for Static/CGI/PHP based applications and in the question it mentions that it is Django application which will require some modifications. Here is a post on password protecting a Django based application.

If you still having a problem, Please open a ticket at our support site and we'll help you find the cause of the issue.

(13 Jan '13, 15:32) timg ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×225
×113
×62

question asked: 26 Mar '12, 09:01

question was seen: 9,884 times

last updated: 13 Jan '13, 15:33

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM