WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello,

Two questions:

I was just wondering if there will be an updated tutorial on how to work with the new Django 1.4 installation?

From my perspective, the two major changes are the project layout and the wsgi.py support.

I'm just curious if there are plans to update the docs to reflect the changes in 1.4. :)

I am (or, was) confused by the new wsgi.py file. The WF Django docs talk about the project_name.wsgi file.

Does wsgi.py replace project_name.wsgi?

A more experienced Django user told me:

1.4 started adding that wsgi.py file. It should be a drop-in replacement for [project_name.wsgi]...

I just want to confirm: Is it correct to assume that I can fully replace project_name.wsgi with wsgi.py?

With all that said, I just want to say THANK YOU so much for all of the help! WebFaction is AWESOME! I recommend your hosting to all of my friends/family and clients.

asked 26 Mar '12, 18:46

mhulse
accept rate: 0%

edited 26 Mar '12, 18:47

I've moved my (bare bones) site over to Django 1.4. I did it by deleting the project.wsgi file in webapps/app and replacing it by wsgi.py in webapps/app/project. That file I constructed using the Django WSGI documentation, and then amended webapps/app/apache2/conf/httpd.conf, again following the 1.4 documentation. Quick ./restart and Bob's your father's brother.

Hope this helps.

permanent link

answered 27 Mar '12, 13:55

Jaffa McNeill
accept rate: 50%

Thank you Jaffa! I really appreciate it. :)

(02 Apr '12, 12:15) mhulse

I'm just curious if there are plans to update the docs to reflect the changes in 1.4. :)

Yes, there are plans to do that. Our documentation team is already working on it.

I just want to confirm: Is it correct to assume that I can fully replace project_name.wsgi with wsgi.py?

Yes, you can do that.

permanent link

answered 27 Mar '12, 05:20

neeravk
1.5k3412
accept rate: 41%

Thank you Neeravk!!! Much appreciated. I am looking forward to reading the new documentation.

(02 Apr '12, 12:16) mhulse

FYI, The new documentation was rolled out a few days ago.

(02 Apr '12, 12:20) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×62
×2
×2
×2

question asked: 26 Mar '12, 18:46

question was seen: 7,027 times

last updated: 02 Apr '12, 12:20

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM