WebFaction
Community site: login faq

The site ultimatept.net is currently being served by GoDaddy, and I'm transferring it to WebFaction.

In my Control Panel, I have added the domain "ultimatept.net"

In my FTP directory, I have created the static cgi/php app "ultimatept" and filled it with the site's files.

Now, before I have the registrar change the nameservers, how do I connect that domain name to that FTP directory?

Thanks guys!

asked 28 Mar '12, 17:07

Jiml
accept rate: 0%

Hello,

You would create a website record to bind the application to a domain. If you would like us to check it before you populate the DNS let us know in a support ticket.

permanent link

answered 28 Mar '12, 17:58

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

Thanks much, johns

This workflow seems almost diabolically complex. Why not just give users a way to add a domain in their control panel, then give them the FTP info for that domain and the nameserver info to give the registrar? I can't think of anything less intuitive than calling a domain an "app", and make us bind it once created. That's the sort of work computers can automate really well, you know! ;)

But I do thank you for your help!

(29 Mar '12, 10:20) Jiml

Because this allows more than just PHP frameworks to work on the platform, when dealing with things like Django, Ruby on Rails, or any of the other custom applications stacks we provide this setup is actually pretty nice.

(29 Mar '12, 17:04) johns
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×128
×62
×14
×9

question asked: 28 Mar '12, 17:07

question was seen: 2,489 times

last updated: 29 Mar '12, 17:04

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM