WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm having trouble getting everything set up. I apologize for this, but I am new to doing this and this is my first site. My friend and decided to start a site, so we started setting things up, he messed something up, I tried to make it work and don't know how, so both of us are well....useless. All I want for this site thus far is to have PHP/mySQL enabled and have knowledge of how to add files to my site and make them appear (currently, it says the site is not configured, despite me trying to upload some basic HTML and CSS files.) Clearly, I am missing something. However, my friend was messing with it prior to me and apparently deleted some stuff while using Filezilla. Honestly, I have no idea what he did or how to fix it. Regardless, I just want a very basic setup, seeing as how I have no real, important files yet. (For instance where do I save these files the I try to upload? Why is there a massive list of inaccessible directories and file folders when I connect via FTP on Filezilla, etc.) I appreciate any and all help! Thanks!

asked 03 Apr '12, 11:52

ZZ1F1
accept rate: 0%

We have a simple guide available in our documentation that has all of the information that you need to get your basic site up: Creating a Simple Website

Regarding your FTP client, you should set your initial working directory to "/home/username" (replace "username" with your actual hosting account name).

Hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

permanent link

answered 03 Apr '12, 18:28

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

edited 03 Apr '12, 18:28

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×62
×33
×20
×2

question asked: 03 Apr '12, 11:52

question was seen: 3,351 times

last updated: 03 Apr '12, 18:28

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM