WebFaction
Community site: login faq

as for askbot in webfaction mysql and posgees are not working. for sqlite database should I make a sqllite.db file and and make the changes in setting.py accordingly ???

asked 09 Apr '12, 11:35

Pramvir Rath...
accept rate: 0%

edited 09 Apr '12, 11:37

You can make a sqlite database simply by specifying the full path to your database in settings.py and then running your syncdb command. The database will be created at the path you specified when you run the command.

That said, I can't recommend using sqlite as the back-end for an application like Askbot. You'd be better off using MySQL or PostgreSQL - if you can let us know the exact problem you're having when you try to use either of those, then we can probably help you resolve it.

permanent link

answered 09 Apr '12, 11:47

seanf
12.2k42136
accept rate: 37%

sir, please see ticket id EIA-694746 here he installed askbit for me with sqlite and also answered why he did so ....

(09 Apr '12, 11:55) Pramvir Rath...

how can I downgrade postgresql version ??

(09 Apr '12, 12:02) Pramvir Rath...

You can do that by building your own PostgreSQL from source and running it as a custom application. I don't have a specific procedure for that, but we do have general instructions for building software available in our documentation: Installing Software from Source

(09 Apr '12, 12:06) seanf

askbot official site says installation from repository support psql 9.1 now let me try installing askbot from there...

(09 Apr '12, 12:07) Pramvir Rath...

which version of psql is this ??

(09 Apr '12, 12:09) Pramvir Rath...

Your server has PostgreSQL 9.1 installed.

(09 Apr '12, 12:30) seanf
showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×17
×11

question asked: 09 Apr '12, 11:35

question was seen: 2,997 times

last updated: 09 Apr '12, 12:30

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM