WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I had installed askbot just according to seanf and it was running smoothly but it have some little error for which askbot team gave these instructions to me

http://askbot.org/en/question/7031/some-problems-after-installation?answer=7035#answer-container-7035

now I don't know anything about python servers etc please tell me what steps should I do for. this instruction

""2) Some of the problems - need to refresh the page many times is due to incorrect setup of cache. For multiprocess web-app setup (typical) you should use shared instance of cache - such as memcached or redis cache.""

asked 10 Apr '12, 13:51

Pramvir Rath...
accept rate: 0%

If you need to set up memcached, instructions are in our documentation:

permanent link

answered 10 Apr '12, 19:37

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

I m new to django and python, I try to follow these instructions. On the second link I see

PYTHONPATH=$HOME/webapps/django_app/lib/python2.7/ easy_install-2.7 --install-dir=$HOME/webapps/django_app/lib/python2.7/ --script-dir=$HOME/webapps/django_app/bin/ python-memcached

I use python2.6, so I guess I change the sevens with sixes. Also I use virtual environment. Does this mean that I have to give the absolute path for easy_install, e.g $HOME/webapps/django_app/bin/easy_intall-2.6 ? And the same goes for python-memcached ?

So the command I have to write will be the below?

PYTHONPATH=$HOME/webapps/django_app/lib/python2.6/ $HOME/webapps/django_app/bin/easy_install-2.6 --install-dir=$HOME/webapps/django_app/lib/python2.6/ --script-dir=$HOME/webapps/django_app/bin/ $HOME/webapps/django_app/bin/python-memcached
(22 Apr '12, 13:47) zafm

Also file /home/username/memcached.sock that I see in instructions, do I have this file, coz I don't see it. Should I do something before?

(22 Apr '12, 13:57) zafm

Since you are using a virtualenv you will wan to add the python library path, normally

./venv/lib/python2.6/site-packages

or something similar, use the full absolute path. As for memcached that socket file is created when you start memcached, so it missing is a sign that memcached did not start.

(22 Apr '12, 17:03) johns
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×17

question asked: 10 Apr '12, 13:51

question was seen: 1,767 times

last updated: 22 Apr '12, 17:03

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM