WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi, today I (with the help of the support team, of course) installed the ssl certificates. My django-based website works fine for all browsers, except for internet explorer 8.

Ie8 says that the certificate is registered with another site.

Have I done something wrong?

PS: I didn't try earlier versions of ie8. So it might be the same case for 6 or 7.

asked 24 Apr '12, 14:40

xpanta
accept rate: 0%

If you're having certificate problems in a single browser, then the problem is probably that the browser does not support Server Name Indication for SSL. Internet Explorer (any version) on Windows XP is the biggest browser with this problem.

If that's the case and you want to be able to support IE running on older versions of Windows, then you'll need to get a dedicated IP address for your HTTPS site. If you want to do that, then please open a support ticket to set it up.

permanent link

answered 24 Apr '12, 16:47

seanf
12.2k42136
accept rate: 37%

Thanks. Yes it was on Windows XP when I tested it. I will need to discuss this with my colleagues. To be honest I do not meet a lot of people with Windows XP any more.

(25 Apr '12, 01:16) xpanta
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×910
×93

question asked: 24 Apr '12, 14:40

question was seen: 2,616 times

last updated: 25 Apr '12, 01:16

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM