WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have used a number of the django blogs out there and experimented with building them myself. I'm finding it to be a bit time consuming and would like to explore a bit of Wordpress

I had no problems following the Webfaction tutorials to get my django app mounted at the root and a Wordpress blog set up at /blog

Is there a recommended method for integrating the Wordpress blog within the django site - shared navigation, footer... I cant think of any particularly clever ways to do it. I suppose the simplest and most rudimentary method would be to build a php/html equivalent of the django header and navigation to plug into a wordpress theme? Seems a bit redundant

asked 01 Dec '10, 12:48

shipwreck
accept rate: 50%

edited 01 Dec '10, 12:49

If you're up to the challenge, you could use Deliverance to apply a common theme to all of your apps.

If not, then building separate, matching themes for WP and Django would be the way to go.

permanent link

answered 01 Dec '10, 12:56

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

In case you feel like giving another Django based blog a try, have a look at https://github.com/Fantomas42/django-blog-zinnia? I've been using if for some time now as part of our site created with Django-CMS and it's been working great. The developer is very helpful as well.

permanent link

answered 01 Dec '10, 13:10

bmeyer71 ♦♦
1.5k3613
accept rate: 33%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×244

question asked: 01 Dec '10, 12:48

question was seen: 6,666 times

last updated: 01 Dec '10, 13:10

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM