WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have a pyramid app and a static app sitting behind the shared nginx server. It seems that requests to my app are not closing properly, I periodically get a dump of about 32,000 error entries stating that too many files are open in my error log.

2012/04/24 18:11:46 [alert] 1976#0: accept4() failed (24: Too many open files)

I also occasionally see entries in my access log with 408 responses.

In my paster.log file for the application I periodically see, "error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe"

My hypothesis is that my pyramid app via paster is not closing connections correctly and nginx is keeping those connections open until it runs out and the whole thing crashes.

Any thoughts?

Using all of the standard Webfaction packages, Pyramid 1.2

Thanks.

asked 24 Apr '12, 18:40

Brian Brinegar
accept rate: 0%

This looks like a general problem on your server - we're looking into it now and should have it resolved shortly. Sorry for the trouble!

permanent link

answered 24 Apr '12, 19:32

seanf
12.2k42136
accept rate: 37%

I'm actually experiencing the exact same problem on my server as well - Web324. (Although with a CherryPy backend, not pyramid). While you're fixing things, maybe you could look into my server as well?

Thanks

(24 Apr '12, 22:57) escher

We're not seeing any issues with web324, but we do notice that your applications have 465 files open currently. Does this happen immediately after stopping and starting all of your process or only after they have been running for awhile?

(25 Apr '12, 00:22) ryans ♦♦
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×186
×17

question asked: 24 Apr '12, 18:40

question was seen: 4,259 times

last updated: 25 Apr '12, 00:22

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM