WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I followed the instructions on the wiki religiously. and get a not found error. I suspect why, but I am confused by the docs. Here is the part that confuses me

"Change WSGIScriptAlias / /home/username/webapps/django_app/myproject/myproject/wsgi.py to to WSGIScriptAlias / /home/username/webapps/django_app/project/project/wsgi.py."

Here is what I have in httpd.conf, which I know is not correct:

"WSGIScriptAlias / /home/dscapuano/webapps/agileresponse/wsgi.py"

1. What is the "/project/project/" stuff? I assume that I can point WSGIScriptAlias to more than one project. Not sure!
  2. If so, should I have wsgi.py in my project? Should I have copied the one from the default "mysite" application before I deleted it ;-)
  3. BTW, I restarted Apache (before anyone points that out).
  4. I would like to update the docs, if possible, to make this more clear for the Webfaction newbies like me.

Thanks in advance, Dave Capuano

asked 25 Apr '12, 15:41

dscapuano
accept rate: 0%

1. It depends on the app, some projects have a directory within them named after the app too, just use a valid path to a wsgi file here.

2. It does not really matter where the wsgi file is, it can be anywhere in your home directory and work.

3. Good, that is an important step.

4. We have plans to update the documentation when the control panel is out of beta, it is currently being developed, we are always glad to answer questions directly if the documentation is missing something.

If you are still having a technical issue you should submit a support ticket within the control panel so we can look directly and provide advice.

permanent link

answered 25 Apr '12, 17:40

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

edited 25 Apr '12, 17:40

I'm new at this but I believe that more recent django versions do the 'project/project' thing (God knows why) but not older versions - just 'project'.

permanent link

answered 25 Apr '12, 21:31

darter
accept rate: 14%

for django 1.4, that line did not need to change in my case. i changed it per the docs and got an error. then i changed it back so it points to the .wsgi file in my project / app and it worked. thus, this seems to be a documentation bug, in my opinion.

permanent link

answered 11 Jul '12, 05:23

twtwt
accept rate: 20%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×62
×28
×25

question asked: 25 Apr '12, 15:41

question was seen: 2,740 times

last updated: 11 Jul '12, 05:23

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM