WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I've just installed a new app (osqa) and set it's website settings to use the https protocol, but when I visit the site, my browser (Chrome on both Windows and Mac) is warning that 'This is probably not the site you are looking for!' and saying that the site is identifying itself as '*.webfaction.com' when the url I requested was something else. It then warns that an attacker on the network may be trying to get me to visit a fake site. While I know the fake site/attacker situation isn't true, I'm worried it will scare away visitors.

How do I get the site to stop identifying itself as *.webfaction.com and instead as my own url? Is it even something I can control?

asked 26 Apr '12, 04:32

davmp
accept rate: 0%

Hi,

You'd have to purchase your own SSL certificate, from a vendor of your choice. Once you've obtained it, please upload it somewhere in your account, then open a ticket for us to install it for you.

You can also check out our docs on how to generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR).

permanent link

answered 26 Apr '12, 05:19

todork
1.2k4
accept rate: 34%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×75

question asked: 26 Apr '12, 04:32

question was seen: 2,229 times

last updated: 26 Apr '12, 05:19

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM