WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm running a custom apache/svn stack using a custom port. I would like to be able to offer this repository over port 80 on the main website because it looks cleaner.

I have tried a RewriteRule (on my personal box - I'm hoping Webfaction has mod_proxy) with the P(roxy) flag, but my Subversion client states '200 OK' without doing a checkout. Bummer.

ProxyPass need VirtualHost access, which means it is out.

Is there another way of accomplishing this?

asked 30 Apr '12, 18:11

Sponge
accept rate: 0%

Did you assign the port using a 'Custom application listening on port' type application?

If you did, than you should be able to use that application to route data to the domain using our control panel.

If not, than you need to. 'Custom application listening on port' type applications are required for any application that listens on a given port to keep that port reserved.

permanent link

answered 30 Apr '12, 19:39

johns
5.3k312
accept rate: 23%

I haven't tried this on Webfaction's servers yet. It's faster and easier to try everything on my computer.

The problem with the RewriteRule route is that Subversion doesn't seem to like it.

(30 Apr '12, 21:19) Sponge

The same problems for routing it from port X to port 80 would not exist on our platform since we use the nginx front-end server, which is what the control panel configures. You would just build your custom Apache server on our platform using SSH as a 'custom application listening on port' this would serve the application without having to worry about rewrite rules.

(30 Apr '12, 22:10) johns
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×25
×20
×3

question asked: 30 Apr '12, 18:11

question was seen: 3,617 times

last updated: 30 Apr '12, 22:10

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM