WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Background:

1.) I installed Trac using the WebFaction console, with the "Trac (0.12) Subversion" setting.

2.) I installed TracAccountManager-0.3.2-py2.6.egg in the plugins directory.

3.) I created an .htaccess file that looked like this, and put it in the root directory:

Satisfy Any
Allow from all

# Hide files starting with a dot (i.e. this file)
<Files .*>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

4.) I modified my trac.ini, per the AccountManagerPluginConfiguration instructions. Mine looks like this:

[components]
acct_mgr.admin.* = enabled
acct_mgr.api.* = enabled
acct_mgr.db.sessionstore = enabled
acct_mgr.htfile.htdigeststore = disabled
acct_mgr.htfile.htpasswdstore = enabled
acct_mgr.http.httpauthstore = disabled
acct_mgr.notification.* = enabled
acct_mgr.pwhash.htdigesthashmethod = disabled
acct_mgr.pwhash.htpasswdhashmethod = disabled
acct_mgr.svnserve.* = enabled
acct_mgr.svnserve.svnservepasswordstore = disabled
acct_mgr.web_ui.* = enabled
trac.web.auth.loginmodule = disabled

[account-manager]
password_store = HtPasswdStore
;htpasswd_hash_type = md5
;old style (acct_mgr < 0.4)
password_file = /my/path/to/.htpasswd
;new style (acct_mgr >= 0.4)
;htpasswd_file = /my/path/to/.htpasswd

So, Here's the Problem, Friends

Right now, AccountManager is running (I know because the login page shows up correctly) and it is finding the .htpasswd just fine (I know because I was getting an error earlier, and now I am not). It appears to be attempting to set up a session for my account:

2012-05-03 19:36:44,844 Trac[main] DEBUG: Dispatching <Request "POST '/login'">
2012-05-03 19:36:44,852 Trac[session] DEBUG: Retrieving session for ID u'tess'

Yay. However, it goes back to load up /:

2012-05-03 19:36:45,453 Trac[main] DEBUG: Dispatching <Request "GET '/'">
2012-05-03 19:36:45,459 Trac[session] DEBUG: Retrieving session for ID '0c2cc75957a0f4c3b8621385'

And, at this point, it seems to think that I'm anonymous, since I get a lot of messages that look like this:

2012-05-03 19:36:45,498 Trac[perm] DEBUG: No policy allowed anonymous performing WIKI_MODIFY on <Resource u'wiki:WikiStart'>

It is as though it has forgotten who I am, entirely. When the page is rendered, I don't have any edit link, and it still shows the "Login" link at the top.

Yes, before anyone asks, cookies are enabled in my browser. Yes, I tried clearing my cache and my cookies before testing.

So, the question is, what the heck is going on with my login? Does anyone have any ideas?

asked 03 May '12, 20:15

Tess
accept rate: 0%

The configuration options at that page all say 'Note: new configuration option for acct_mgr-0.4'. Try updating to the latest version of the module, since it appears as you have 0.3.2 installed from the info above.

You might also want to post your question in their tickets section since the developers would know more about debugging their plugin than we do.

permanent link

answered 03 May '12, 20:53

johns
5.4k312
accept rate: 23%

To the best of my knowledge, 0.3.2 is the stable version of the module, and that 0.4 is not really released yet. (It's a bit confusing since they appear to have two different version numbering schemes.)

I don't believe that this is a bug or a feature request, so I don't feel confident that opening a ticket in their system is appropriate.

(03 May '12, 22:20) Tess

We are happy to take a closer look at the code if you submit a support ticket. Since we do not write or support the plugin we would not know with out looking why it might be failing, other than the info gathered from their documentation or their user community. If the issue has not been reported in the past in their forum it might be useful to submit a bug report even if it is something minor so people who happen to do it in the future will know and the developers can think of situations like this when writing future releases.

(03 May '12, 23:12) johns

I found my problem.

I re-installed from scratch. I tried the test login. Login worked.

I re-implemented all of my configuration, except for the Authentication Module. Login did not work, and behaved as described above. This ruled out AccountManager as the problem.

I overwrote my trac.ini with a version from a clean install. Login worked. This narrowed down the problem to one of my trac.ini settings.

I filled in settings from the problem trac.ini, bit-by-bit, retesting as I went.

The problem was with... auth_cookie_path!?!

It didn't like my auth_cookie_path, for some reason. Whacky. Well, problem solved!

permanent link

answered 04 May '12, 01:23

Tess
accept rate: 0%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×75
×40
×26
×4
×1

question asked: 03 May '12, 20:15

question was seen: 7,072 times

last updated: 04 May '12, 01:23

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM