WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hey,

I use the xml-rpc API from webfaction to look up some email-adresses linked to my account. From one day to another it stoped working. The phpxmlrpc version3 library throws an error message when calling list_emails:

Invalid return payload: enable debugging to examine incoming payload found not-xmlrpc xml element

Digging in the source code revealed, that found not-xmlrpc xml element is the reason of the error. Enabling debugging in the library revealed the received XML document. The document is well-formed according to xmlwf, but I do not know about xml-rpc coherence.

Does anyone know about some API change, experienced similar dysfunction lately or has an idea what could be going on?

Regards, Gregor

asked 10 May '12, 02:12

Synapse
accept rate: 0%

We are investigating this and will update this post as soon as we have more information.

(10 May '12, 03:22) neeravk

Could you please open a support ticket providing the exact steps/code and the username you are using, as we can't reproduce that error, at the moment?

(10 May '12, 06:05) iliasr ♦♦

Our developers have rolled out a fix for this issue.

The cause was in the way that the PHP XMLRPC library handles (or rather, fails to handle) null values. We've modified the list_emails API method so that it will return empty strings instead of null values where appropriate.

permanent link

answered 14 Jun '13, 14:29

seanf
12.2k42136
accept rate: 37%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×76
×11
×1

question asked: 10 May '12, 02:12

question was seen: 3,174 times

last updated: 14 Jun '13, 14:29

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM