WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hello,

I installed django-social-auth in apache2/lib under my project directory. I added the path to the folder to PYTHONPATH, and added 'social auth' to installed apps.

Still I get this error.

I installed it the same way on my local machine and it worked. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Tamara

asked 31 May '12, 10:55

Tamara
accept rate: 0%

sorry mistake, django-social-auth is in the lib folder right beside python2.7 and it's link is added in the same way.

(31 May '12, 11:01) Tamara

You would need to add to the python path either in your httpd.conf or your wsgi file. Adding to the PYTHONPATH in your .bashrc will not be used when your application is run by the webserver.

We have documentation to help with adding the path to either of these here.

If you would like us to take a closer look at the issue, feel free to open a support ticket.

permanent link

answered 31 May '12, 11:15

bmeyer71 ♦♦
1.5k3613
accept rate: 33%

Thanks, bmeyer, for the tips on modifying your app. Question: Since the last comment, I believe all users have had their apps be converted to using wsgi, correct ?

(03 Jul '13, 13:44) stevefeedtastik

We haven't converted any user apps to mod_wsgi. We don't support mod_python any longer (it will still run on old servers, but not on new servers, and we're not making any new installers for it), so if you want to convert to mod_wsgi, you'll need to do so yourself.

(03 Jul '13, 14:01) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×909
×108
×1

question asked: 31 May '12, 10:55

question was seen: 5,083 times

last updated: 03 Jul '13, 14:01

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM