WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I want to install an admin UI for my mongodb server to view my data easily. I know there is an official list of recommended admin UI's by 10gen here:

http://www.mongodb.org/display/DOCS/Admin+UIs

but I wanted to know what tools are easily installable and popular on Webfaction for admin UI's. Any recommendations for a tool which would be easy to setup and is decent?

asked 03 Jun '12, 13:44

Rajat
accept rate: 0%

The easiest to install and configure is Genghis. Its a php based solution and requires you to install php mongo pecl. Then you just need to install a Static/CGI/PHP application in the control panel and upload the one file that is provided. Mount the application on a URL with a website and visit in the browser. Add your database:

localhost:<port number>

Then you can administer your database from the browser.

permanent link

answered 03 Jun '12, 14:34

timg ♦♦
1.3k4
accept rate: 30%

On the welcome to Genghis website, when adding the server (typed, localhost:<12345>, 12345 being the port associated to mongodb app = custom app listening on port (port 12345)), I get an error ("unable to connect to Mongo server"). i don't see what I should do else. Thanks for any hint.

(27 Jun '13, 15:25) pgal

Submit a support ticket with a paste of the command you ran and the exact output and we can investigate the issue directly.

(27 Jun '13, 19:23) johns
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×29

question asked: 03 Jun '12, 13:44

question was seen: 4,895 times

last updated: 27 Jun '13, 19:23

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM