WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm trying to follow the steps here and I'm just missing something basic. After doing this, I get a 403, but I checked the permission on the phpBB code and all the .php files have 755 permissions. I've tried googling this for about 20-30 min and I hope someone here can give me the 2 second rundown on what I'm missing.

asked 19 Jun '12, 16:55

hbetx9
accept rate: 0%

The 403 means that somewhere in the path to your phpBB app directory, Nginx and/or Apache don't have the required permissions to access the application. They need execute permission on every directory in the path (execute on directories is what gives permission to access the contents of the directory, which is required to traverse the path).

If you'd like us to look into this and identify where the permissions are wrong, please open a support ticket and we'll be happy to assist.

permanent link

answered 19 Jun '12, 19:04

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

I didn't have to adjust such permissions when I loaded other apps (I figured they were set on creation by default). I used setfacl to manually add both nginx and apache (like the doc) said -- no dice. I opened a ticket, mostly to expedite the process (I need to get this working tonight and put it off because I thought it would be easy!).

(19 Jun '12, 20:34) hbetx9
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×5

question asked: 19 Jun '12, 16:55

question was seen: 1,307 times

last updated: 19 Jun '12, 20:34

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM