WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I'm trying to install schooltool. It's easy to setup via apt-get, but building from source seems more involved. There's a tarball here which has these instructions. I tried to easy_install virtualenv and then make. However make tests ftest report errors that I don't really know how to fix. I just proceeded with make instance and created a custom app and set the correct port in instance/paste.ini and tried to start the instance but it fails with :

bin/start-schooltool-instance instance
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bin/start-schooltool-instance", line 150, in <module>
    schooltool.paste.run.main()
[...]
  File "/home/dbuenzli/webapps/schooltool/schooltool-2.1.0/src/schooltool/testing/selenium.py", line 67, in <module>
    IMPLICIT_WAIT =  schooltool.devtools.selenium_recipe.implicit_wait
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'implicit_wait'

any one has a clue about what may be going on ? No deep python/zope knowledge here.

asked 17 Jul '12, 10:14

Daniel
accept rate: 0%

edited 18 Jul '12, 13:42

I've tried this myself and got the same error and I wasn't able to resolve it. You may have better luck with this issue at the Schooltool Q&A forum.

(17 Jul '12, 17:35) seanf

Thanks seanf. So here here's the answer. Juste edit the edit schooltool-2.1.0/buildout.cfg add a line schooltool.devtools = 0.7.0 to the versions section.

Now my problem is that I'm only able to run it at the toplevel of the domain name. Their instructions to enable virtual hosting are impossible to implement on webfaction. Is there maybe a way to tweak the paste.ini file to implement that there ? It goes as follows :

[app:main]
use = egg:schooltool#main
config_file=schooltool.conf

[server:main]
use = egg:Paste#http
host = 127.0.0.1
port = 25910

Should I turn again to them ? Or is there's something standard in zope to do that ? Note that I use a "custom app" for the webfaction application.

Thanks.

permanent link

answered 18 Jul '12, 08:55

Daniel
accept rate: 0%

edited 18 Jul '12, 08:57

The only way that I can think to do that on our system would by to run your own Apache (or Nginx) server and serve your entire site from that, using whatever Apache configuration you need to make Zope work on whatever URL path you need.

(18 Jul '12, 15:10) seanf
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×337
×102
×1

question asked: 17 Jul '12, 10:14

question was seen: 2,470 times

last updated: 18 Jul '12, 15:10

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2020 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM