WebFaction
Community site: login faq

I have built a new website at GoDaddy and need to get it hosted and on-line with Webfaction. I already have a website hosted by Webfaction and understand I can host this new one there as well. I have absolutely no idea how to do this. Can someone please help? I am illiterate at this stuff so make it simple without terminology I might not understand please. Thanks Dan

asked 26 Jul '12, 22:47

DanT
accept rate: 0%

You first need to point your new domain to our servers. Please take a look at our Pointing Your Domain to WebFaction's servers article.

You need to add your domain (and any other subdomain you want to host) to our control panel at and also create an application of the appropriate type.

This will create a new directory in the server's filesystem, at /home/your-username/webapps/application-name, where you need to upload your code. See our Accessing Your Data article on how to upload them with an FTP or an SFTP client.

Finally, you need to create a website entry where you will link your domain with the app. We have extensive documentation, along with some examples at our Websites article, but if you have further questions, please do comment them on this answer.

permanent link

answered 27 Jul '12, 06:49

iliasr ♦♦
2.2k14
accept rate: 34%

Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×17

question asked: 26 Jul '12, 22:47

question was seen: 2,114 times

last updated: 08 Jan '14, 08:50

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2021 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM