WebFaction
Community site: login faq

Hi I'm creating multiple sites for the company I work for. I've already created one site using Drupal 7 and now I'd like to clone/duplicate the site/application to another domain/subdomain, so that I don't have to configure everything again. Is there a way to do this? The sites will have different content so it's all the blocks/views/modules etc I don't want to reconfigure. THX

asked 31 Jul '12, 10:53

GM_CP
accept rate: 0%

You should be able to use a single Drupal app for all of your sites by following the instructions here: Multisite - Sharing the same code base | drupal.org

If you'd prefer to have a completely separate app for each site, then just create your new apps in our control panel, delete the contents of the new app directories, then copy the contents of your original Drupal app into that and adjust the configuration as needed.

permanent link

answered 31 Jul '12, 13:12

seanf
12.2k41836
accept rate: 37%

Thx for your answer. I found this tutorial that uses multisite:http://community.webfaction.com/questions/6264/how-do-i-use-drupals-multisite-feature-on-my-webfaction-account

However, when following the tutorial, it only gives me the modules from the other site but not all my settings, blocks, and views. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thx!

(01 Aug '12, 04:09) GM_CP

In general the Drupal blocks and views are kept in the MySQL databases. It is theoretically possible to share those by sharing the MySQL tables, however I wouldn't recommend trying this unless you are very well acquainted with Drupal development.

(01 Aug '12, 07:42) todork
Your answer
toggle preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported

Question tags:

×63
×57
×30
×3
×2

question asked: 31 Jul '12, 10:53

question was seen: 2,968 times

last updated: 01 Aug '12, 07:42

WEBFACTION
REACH US
SUPPORT
AFFILIATE PROGRAM
LEGAL
© COPYRIGHT 2003-2019 SWARMA LIMITED - WEBFACTION IS A SERVICE OF SWARMA LIMITED
REGISTERED IN ENGLAND AND WALES 5729350 - VAT REGISTRATION NUMBER 877397162
5TH FLOOR, THE OLD VINYL FACTORY, HAYES, UB3 1HA, UNITED KINGDOM